Monday, August 24, 2026

Taxi Driver

 Taxi Driver

There is a lot of Cybil Sheperd in this film. Which I found disappointing  She seems to have been forgotten in the legend this film has made. I suppose everyone is overshadowed by Jodie Foster, and Robert De Niro. 

I have seen Travis talking into the mirror for decades.

I could'nt really engage with it. I started with high hopes Travis being a Vietnam veteran should be red meat for me. This just felt sleezy. Which is supposed too,  Cybil's  all American girl being taken to a Pnro cinema

I did wonder about the class dynamics.  

I am back in New York city again.. I don't like it 

I will say this film is fine. I am glad I have ticked the box. 



No comments:

Taxi Driver

 Taxi Driver There is a lot of Cybil Sheperd in this film. Which I found disappointing  She seems to have been forgotten in the legend this ...