Round up- 21st June-2009

I was really hangover on Sunday morning. I slept in, till Midday.  Probably because I was standing up all night, and I never really relaxed but still

The first chapter of ``Sleeping under the cross’’ has been posted.I am a little dismayed now, I did not name it Sleeping under the sky. The acronym then would be SLUTS

I watched the Karate kid again:

1 Teenage boys don’t have a relationship with their mother like that

2 The Kid, is annoying. You see him being bullied and think, he deserves it

3 Pat Marita won an Oscar. As my youngest brother observed I bet Mickey Rourke is bitter about that. Its the opposite of Linda Hunt, in The year of living dangerously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Year_of_Living_Dangerously

``Alright Ms Hunt, we’ve been fans of yours for a long time, we want you to star in our new picture. Its going to be big

``I am delighted tell me more’’

``Yer playing a bloke, a midget in  fact’’

``Oh’’

Whilst in the Karate Kid, Pat Marita, wanders about drinking Saki, and getting an idiot from Newark to fix his cars and walks off with an Oscar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan's_Run

I also watched Logan’s run. I am trying to remember the name of a short story I read along a similar theme.  There was a kid, who lived in a futuristic city. He was an orphan. Fear of over population had meant that no one could live past 30. Without killing another citizen and  taking their hand. The kid tries and tries but can’t do it. Then he hears a rumour of an old man outside the city. A man who is nearly a 100 years old. If you were to kill him, you would get an extra year of life. The orphan tracks down the old man, and hears him playing the piano

Farah Fawcett stars in Logan Run. I wish her well

PS- I correct my earlier statement Pat Marita was nominated he did not win an oscar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school