Brasil V Ireland

The flag of Cruzeiro
The favourite team of a net friend. As well as the people who played Celtic for their anniversary cup in 1988
The view of the Pitch I had from seat 384. I had an aisle seat! It wasn't bad actually
Here I am shivering and alone
I wanted a night out. I decided, it would be fun to see Brasil play Ireland. I wore my Celtic Jersey to work. Which was an odd feeling. I was going to go to Micky Dee's first before the game, but I decided to pass on it. I got onto a crowded train. The Brasilian fans were making a lot of noise. They were quite pretty. Tanned and rounded
I got to the stadium. As I was walking up, to the turnstiles. I bought a scarf. (Ireland and Brasil) It was quite a cold night. A few degrees above freezing. I sacrificed comfort for patriotism. (Later there were two guys in front of me, who didn't stand for either anthem. I felt like kicking them)
I bought a hot dog without ketcup and made my way to the turnstiles. Picking up two programs. One for a co worker. I made my way past the stewards. A lot of people had print out of tickets. Someone in front of me, had brought the wrong papers, and could'nt get in. I felt bad for them
I had a beer. A pint of lager, once I was inside the Stadium. It went right through me. I am off the wagon now. I guess. I went to my seat, up the stairs. There were some pretty brasilian girls sitting there. Next to their boyfriends. Dam!
I've not followed top flight soccer as I used to. I didn't recognise a lot of the Irish team. Aside from Duff, Kilbane,
An bunch of Irish kids smuggled some booze in. Past the stewards. A stereotype is a stereotype for a reason.
The match kicked of at 8.05pm. The game was fast. There was only a minute of added time, in the first half. Ireland conceded a goal, at the last minute of extra time. Though Brasil had the better half. Though Ireland attacked well, in the opening quarter.
The Emirates stadium, has commentary in the toilets. Which is a mercy.
In the second half Brasil ran riot. Ireland did well to keep it to 2-0. The pretty girls behind me, drank Barcadi breezers. I wish I had brought a better camera. I felt odd about photographing strangers.
All the adverts in the stadium were in Portugese, computer generated. I took part in several Mexican waves.
The final whistle blew after 2 minutes extra time.
I made it back to the station, under the watchful eye of the Polis. Who tried to get us to go to the end of several barriers rather than blocking in the station. However being Celts someone opened a gap in the way
Though we lost, I am glad to be able to say that I saw Brasil play live

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school