Derby day

I had managed to get the weekend, before my long weekend off. The key is to book early. So, I booked a ticket, to QPR V Chelsea.

I thus had to set my alarm. Which sort of defeats the point of having a Saturday off. Anyway. I walked down into the ground. The first thing, I noticed was the absence of people from the nearby pubs. The Pubs, were stewarded, and quiet.

There was a much stronger police presence. Than normal. I was searched on my way into the ground. I had to explain, that my printed ticket, was valid for the match. The lady who scanned my ticket, was quite cute.


This is from my return home. I counted 8 police horses. There were several, dogs. There were 8 police vans, on the road out of the stadium, towards Westfield, and the tube stations .


( Not the first time, there has been a horses ass, on this blog) Anyway as you can tell, it was a mid winters day. The temperature stayed below 10 degrees. I was worried I would feel sick, from a chill. But that passed. My thermal socks, did not prove thermal though.


I was sitting in an unfamilar, part of the stand. So it took me a few moments to find my seat. The sun was in our eyes. I was sitting in a season ticket holders place. Mr H, was not able to attend the game, for whatever reason and his loss, was my gain.

The Chelsea fans, were in full voice. There were no banners, or flags allowed it seems. The Chelsea fans, commented on the size, of the ground:
``Your grounds too big for you ''
and they sung the blue flag...
The QPR fans, responded. With...
John Terry you know what you said
.. which morphed into John Terry, your Mum's a thief..John Terry, he sleeps with his Mum!
I would like to thank our fans, from refraining from the vulgar euphemisms, for sleep
The Chelsea fans, replied with
John Terry is probably your Dad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Terry#Recent_seasons
Why Terry is a figure of controversy.

The game was not one I would commend to neutrals. QPR had very few shots on goal. The first half, was quite free flowing. There was only a moments of added, time.

The second half. was more dramatic. Chelsea broke the deadlock. One of there players dived in front of the QPR goal. Paddy Kenny did his best. But as Ron Atkinson, observed. Your not going to save a great penalty....

One of the Chelsea, players was injured. The Game, was held up, for several moments. QPR substituted Helguson, a mistake in my opinion. We were granted 7 minutes, of time added, on, and Sean Wright Phillips, came close. However in the end, this was not our day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school