This time last week, my life as a QPR fan in Lima


I would have been scanning the internet, for the QPR result. Living in Peru. I may be the only QPR fan for miles, for days even. Though last week, and the week before. I had to remind myself too.

I have attended Queens park rangers games for the last decade. I would walk down the uxbridge road, to Loftus road to crown my monthly saturday off work, or sometimes dash from White city station after work on Wednesdays. Eager to watch the hoops play under the lights. I was there when we were in the Championship, there when were in the third flight. The last game, I watched at the Loft, was QPR v Aston Villa. ( According to rumor David Cameron was in attendance) I left for South America.I may never be able to see QPR play live again...I was delighted when I was able to see some of the games, on ESPN.

I was worried but not too worried about the team.  I had faith in Mark Hughes. I did not expect great things. I expected to lose.

It was not just that we lost. We capitulated

We capitulated being millions no, tens of millions in Debt.

We are not the size of Chelsea. I see Chelsea shirts in Lima every day. Uggh. We may not even be as big as Fullham. Even if we play the best football QPR have ever played. QPR had to consider its size and strength.
We were lucky to win the championship in 2010. QPR took their sweet time about it. We relied too much on Kenny and Taabart. We stayed up, by scrapping.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/queens-park-rangers/10053127/Harry-Redknapp-Queens-Park-Rangers-have-had-a-miserable-season-and-next-year-might-not-be-any-better.html&usg=AFQjCNE4tcMhcXjMmiTDziWK_RL7F34VHQ

http://www.football.co.uk/queens_park_rangers/fernandes_admits_qpr_mistakes_rss4212857.shtml

What I worry is not that QPR have had a bad season, is that the seedcorn will be spent.

Raising the profile of the brand is all very well. Buying a club in India is grand. QPR survives by being a club that plays good football, with a good vibe. We survive by being the hammers, with more class and fun.

We were Blackburn, without the brains. Blackburn without the silverwear


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school