Corpus Christi

Texas
Well Corpus Christi, was a good time. A learning experience, and relaxation. Sea air, steak and sunshine did a lot of good.

The flight over there went pretty smoothly, though we only just made our connection. Still a few beers made the day seem brighter, and we hung out in the blue Marlin. A Corpus Christi landmark

The next day, I visted the USS Lexington. The Grey Ghost, I saw a SEALS submersible. A model of Senator Macain's fighter plane. I sat behind the wheel, and stood on the flight deck of an Aircraft Carrier.. After watching a film about Lewis and Clark, I retired for a steak, and spent the evening singing Karoke. U2:) and John Denever,

The next day, I set off in search of socks, having packed lightly this was going to be a week long quest. Sadly no joy. I saw the Selena memorial. I then retired to Cassidys Bar. Where I met Jim and Victoria. A charming pair. Jim used to be in the USAF, and was attached to the RAF. Settling in Liverpool after his service. He got into bar management, in Liverpool in the 1960s. Where among other things, he asked a certain John, to leave his bar, for practicing to loudly.

Yes that John...

Meeting Gerry and the Pacemakers, and Priscilla white, and staying one step ahead. Jim told us stories of life in Liverpool, back in the day. A Manchester Utd fan, staying lucky in Liverpool

I visted the Museums, of Natural History and the South Texas Art Gallery. Where I saw beautiful pictures of Horses. I went to the Science and Natural history museum. I stood on a copy of Nina, and the Santa Maria. I tried the lanyard-the ships crane. More difficult then it seems. I then retired again to Cassidys

At the hotel bar, I was served well, in company and drinks, by the staff Randy, and Stephanie. I met interesting people,

Tuesday

Still not finding socks, I headed out, taking the trolley bus across the bay. I then ended up in cassidies, and ended up hungover

On wednesday, somewhat the worst for drink. I went to the aquarium. I saw the dolphins. I saw the water dogs, to you ottters, and let my hangover flood away.


A final Thursday, saw me bidding Texas, goodbye with a firm handshake and a beer. I slipped out early, passed easily through security, and headed home

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school