Happy Teachers day

Today is UNESCO international teachers day. It a day set aside to celebrate teaching. Many of my friends, are teachers. Dorthe, Irisha, come to mind at once. My friend Kasia, who is studying to be a teacher, and of course Valya, whose duties include teaching.

I would be remiss, if I acknowledged the date. Without remembering here the finest teacher I know. My ex, Magga.

She spends her life quietly working miracles with handicapped children. With the patience of a saint, and quiet determination. She has helped people find a way, past the confusion, frustration and pain, of disability, and have a relationship with their children.

If Magga, was to acting what she is to teaching. You would all know her name. You would have seen her receive Oscars.

We live in a better world, because of her

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school