On Sunday, I took a trip into the centre of Dusseldorf. I noticed scores of people hanging about the Haupbanhof, in red soccer scarf's and hats. I had intended to visit a museum or some such. So I acted on impulse and I followed the football fans
I had thought the bundesliga had broken up for its winter break

I took a tram to the Espirit Arena
ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esprit_Arena

Then I queued for a ticket. For 15 euros, I got a seat on the second tier. There was beer, and mulled wine, on offer. I tried to buy a hat. They were sold out. The Stadium offical's didn't use the roof.




Fortuna won 2-0. I remember seeing a banner. ``Your repression cannot stop are passion''. The Banner was in English. I got a pint of Pils, and Bratwurst.

I really missed my hat


I took the Tram home. A football special! Indeed I had wandered off in the wrong direction, and was afraid I would miss the train home. I drank my pills to the complete indifference of the Polizei The Police, stopped the fans, from opening a door, but chatted with them contently. I got stuck, with the away fans who were sectioned off, in the railway station

Someone let off a firework.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school