Pink shirts over Lofus road. Pink Skies ahead

 

I really wanted to see this game. I missed the last match against Preston North End. 

Queens Park Rangers had scrambled out of the relegation zone. They were still not yet secure. I kept looking at the Championship table and checking the fixtures. 

Friday's match against Leeds would set the tone. Leeds were in a strong second place in the Championship. If they won, they would secure second place and automatic promotion to the premiership

So the top and bottom clashed at Loftus road.  Alas Tickets were rarer then the Tasmanian Tiger. I also missed out on a chance to see Harlequins play at Twickenam . 

So I settled for Sky, I had thought of watching the game in one of the local hostelries -I decided not too.  I placed a small bet on the match and I am glad I did.

Leeds had been bloodied by Middleborough earlier in the week.  Equally they had one of most formidable strikers in the championship in Summerville.  QPR are soft on corners.

Loftus road luminous in floodlights and a the late evening sunshine

Leeds in their pink, strips reminded me of the evenings I spent in Peru. 

With not even 10 minutes spent,  Chair, the margehbi magician  slipped a ball into the Leeds Goal. ( We may ignore the deflection ) QPR was about to make Leeds hopes disappear. 

QPR's keeper shut out Summerville with an exceptional save a few minutes later. Winter was coming to Leeds

If Leeds were looking for a rebuttal then they were to be silenced  Anderson struck  a second. Anderson has been the signing that has turned arround QPR's season in my opinion. Playing alongside Chair it is like QPR have hitched a second horse to their chariot. With this new energy they can race forward. striking at will.

I did note Anderson took an injury. Which I hope is trivial 

QPR left the field at half time 2-0 in the black 

Leeds pressed hard after the game resumed  Dykes- would add a third, a follow up from his perfomance at Preston.  With the European champions in view , Dykes made his case in front of the Scotland manager. I hope he has a a good summer. I would be willing to sell him

Then Field made it 4

It was done. I cashed out, my bet. I showered 

Albert Adomah  came on the in the last few miuntes, his last game as a QPR player. The referree blew his whistle and it was done. QPR were safe. QPR were safe !

The crowd sang Bob's Marley Every little thing is gonna be all right

and it is 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school