Goodbye Andy NYPD Blue

NYPD Blue.
I watched the last episode, of NYPD Blue.  The series had stopped broadcasting in the USA-A few years ago. Aside from Science fiction. I have always loved Cop shows. The Shield, Homicide Life on the street. The Job, ( A Dennis Leary vehicle,) of course NYPD Blue.
It was my Sister, who watched it first. I think I have a soft spot for the show, because it was one of those TV programs. I was watched from 14 onwards. When I stopped having a set bedtime
For years then, it has been a companion. An hour's easy distraction.
 I'll let you in on a secret. I wore a shirt, to school, on Fridays, because I thought it was the type of shirt, Detective Sipowitz, would have worn. (Homer Simpson argues that it acceptable to wear a short sleeved shirt and tie, in an episode of the Simpsons, citing the good detective)
Another secret, when I am in NYC, walking up and down, I hear that music, in my head, and for a moment. I am someone else. For a moment, I belong.....
I have heard people say Music is the soundtrack to their life. Well, maybe it is. For me I choose TV shows. That was what I watched. Often with no one to discuss it with, or share the experience. If you can have My song, or our song? then why not our shows?
I've bought 2 different women, DVDs, of a comedy show- is that the same, as a record?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school