I went to the Dentist on Friday. I had a check up last thursday. Friday was when I went to get the work done. My teeth, have been blasted clean. The gunk, of what must have been nearly a years Smoking, has been sanded and scraped off. So I am admiring myself in the mirror, whenever I get the chance. I have always been ashamed of my teeth, there too big, mishapen, and they seem to stain. So I don't smile. Its not something I do. Perhaps, I will start now.

I am writing about a TV program. I have never seen. Its a show called Dexter.

On paper it sounds great. Sans one little thing.

I'll tell you whats to recommend.

First it looks like a great cast, Michael C Hall, as the lead. I was a huge fan, of Six feet under. Michael C Hall did sterling work in that series. Who could forget the abuduction episode.

Julie Benz, as the love interest. Now thats just great. Julie Benz, is a former Olympic gymnast. Can any man, say that without smiling and smiling inside. She was Darla, on Buffy and Angel. There is another box ticked

Look at the picture. There is a truth there. Dexters shirt looks cheap and cheerful. IIRC there sold in Walmart. Their eating burgers. They are in there thirties. These are not teenagers. Just one pic, and were getting a feel for the series. There is a truth there.

Interesting setup. Dexter, investigates blood splatter for Miami Dade pd. Sure, i'll watch CSI, like the next man. Its made by Showtime. Hey I liked Stargate SG-1


Now, the kicker. Its a friends favorite show. Her TV highlight of the week. She watches, the rerun on saturday, and the new episode on sunday. She is a smart lady, and enjoys a good tv show. (She is having a fun, and exciting holiday at the moment)
I would follow her recomendations. Indeed, I already have. I heard people chat about the closer online. When my friend, gave it the thumbs up, I decided, to make sure I watched at least one episode of the closer

so, whats the problem. The DVDs are only a click away.

Dexter is a murderer


He kills people. He kills bad people, but thats what he does. Yes, I have seen Vic Mackie shoot a fellow police officer before the credits rolled on the pilot of The Shield. Andy Sipowitz wanted his sons killers dead. Tony Soprano is murderer a racketeer, a drug dealer. A pimp.

But Dexter is a murderer

Xena was a war criminal, Garak the equivilant of a Gestapo or NKVD officer.


But Dexter is a murderer

something says that wrong. Why I don't see Tony Soprano, or the people who played villians in Oz, the prison series not the munckins or Prison break. In the same light. I do not know



Dexter is a murderer. Doesn't that say something is wrong?

My friend is a parent. I am not. My friend, is as honest as the day is long. She is a wonderful person. This is her favorite show. The favorite show of an intelligent mature responsible woman, someone who I would ask advice on many things. She would not waste her time on violent rubbish.

So why does it bug me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school