Castle Lion Lego

Lego (fr Danish, leg godt, play well) Today is the 50th aniversary of the Lego brick. I played with Lego, for years as a boy. I actually had, the Lego Castle set. Castle Lion. I built the actual castle once, and then I played with the castle. As I felt fit. This really annoyed my mother. Who seems to have believed that it should have been kept on display. I had a box about a foot and a half(50 cm, for my friend in Akranes )deep, full of lego. Comprising several sets. The Lego castle. The Police ship. The Crane, and the Garage and Petrol tanker. My siblings rejoiced in destroying my creations. They used to destroy the Lego men, in particular. Chewing their heads off. Stepping on them. My youngest sister, used to delight in being King Kong, and crushing the towns. I had spent hours constructing. Despite angry siblings I created a whole world. Incoprating many things I learned. Particulary in from my History lessons. The world I had created had progressed to about 1920 AD. They had tanks, and machine guns. Though the standard weapon was the rifle. A thin grey six block piece of lego. There were several states, Peopled Mutasia. An analog of the Russian empire. Huge and diverse population. Which fielded large armies. However they were terribly equipped. The Gutanes. A Mongolian people, living to the East of Mutasia, they rode horses. The knights horses from the Lego Castle ended up here. They were once feared, now they are settled. The Prendendicans. They orginally were a faction, from the Royal house of Mutasia. They captured the Shore cities. Underwent a rapid modernisation process. They were basically Nazis, or Germans. Who operated Daleks. I used bits of roofing to make Daleks. They were at War, with the Titansians. The Titansians, lived on the west. On the otherside of the Mountains. The mountains, were mine and my brothers beds. If your thinking this sounds warlike. Yes thats was my Dad's complaint too I truly did Play well. I see nowadays. Children can buy Starwars Lego sets, which is very nice. Is it the same thing? Lego, gave me a chance to make my own world. I controlled mines, and ships. Fielded armies, and built bridges. Can you do that with the Millenium Falcon. I truly did Play well. Oh if only I could meet a girl who worked in a Lego Shop, with really big jugs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school