High School Score Card

``The past is a foreign country, they do things differently there''
 One or two of you. May have seen those words before. It was how I begun my university entrance essay. It took ages, and much back and forth. I have been cleaning out my closets, of late. I threw away five pairs of Jeans, I had worn the crotch out of, for example. Old mobile phone parts. I seem to picked up a batch of faulty dvds. Anyway, whilst in the middle of my spring cleaning. I came across some of my old school reports. I thought I would publish some of the highlights here.
 This was from my final report My academic reports were often good. I took Religious studies. They said ``Malchera's Ideas are bold and exciting'' In Ancient History they praised my ``Independent views'' ``Malchera is a very able boy'' I remember being annoyed at this. As I was about to go off to University or at least apply for jobs. I thought this made me sound childish. Which in fairness I may have been.
 I had not yet had a girlfriend. Yet why jeopardize my chances of getting a few hours in the local video shop. So I used the previous years report This described me as having a strong streak of independence. 
It was also mentioned that I ``Can'' be a sympathetic friend. Well I have no surviving enemies :) 
 It's almost like reading the history, of my neighborhood. I know the names and places. I even remember it, it just seems like someone else. 
I bought Douglas Adams, ``Mostly Harmless'' that year. (1995) It's on the shelf, about a metre away from me. I didn't have the internet. I ate in Burger king, most days. I was just starting to go to pubs. 
Often choosing cider, as my tipple of choice. I used to read New Talent Magazine. I had every episode of the X files on tape. I had no mobile phone. One of my classmates, had just got one. I bought scratch cards, and once spend a weekend, trying to find the 20 pound note hidden in a packet of crisps.
 My world was small. I had visited the mainland of Europe, that year.- Luxemburg on a trip with my mother
 Soon, my horizons would be expanded. From the walls of Koln city to the shores of Waikiki

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school