Gone Baby Gone

A very well made film. Perhaps close to being classic.

I must reconsider my opinion of Ben Affleck. Who co wrote, and directed this film.

Casey Affleck, does a good job, as a PI, hired to investigate the case. He is young, he doesn't really want the job. Who would want to have to investigate the abduction of a child.

It is beautifully observed. View of the American underclass. A child belonging to Amy Ryan. A good performance, by Ms Ryan. Down to the accent. We actually hear a Boston burr in this film. From many of the principals. 

There is shot of a newsman, in suit and tie, and shorts and trainers. Its not a film, one can share much about. When I watch films, now.

I have half a mind, on writing my blog. Here, there is very little I want to report on. I don't want to make snide comment's or make little asides, about a film about Child abductions. There are some very superficial resemblences to the Mcann case. Which delayed its release date.

Films, can take us, to the stars. They can rebuild Rome, and raise Atlantis. They can also show us the side of society, we would rather walk past quickly. This film does that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school