Forgetting Sarah Marshall

When I was in Chicago. I was amused by the posters and the sandwich boards, which were part of the teaser campaign for this movie.
 I liked the pettiness of it. - ``My mother always hated you Sarah Marshall'
I meant to catch this film  at the cinema. I never got round. I also had an interest in seeing Russell Brand on film. Mr. Brand, has cause ire, on the far side of the Atlantic, with his performance at the MTV.
I am not much of a fan, of Mr. Brand. Though I will concede he is tolerable in small doses, and as part of a double act. When he works with Noel Fielding. ( A much more talented comic)


E-Access Hollywood clip explains the back story quite well, and quite quickly. Sarah- star of stage and Screen, is the Girlfriend of Peter-
Brand, is mentioned by same prologue as a Robbie Williams clone. 
There is a scene of him, in an airport hugging Jews and Muslims alike. Reminding one of the notorious Jackson video ( Black and White) 
Full frontal, the male lead. Is fully nude. Several times in the movie....
Sarah show is a rip off of CSI. There is even a joke, over what version of CSI it is...
``Having sex with you would be a great treat'' When have you heard of something described as a great treat. Not since my childhood. When trips to Macdonald's, the Cinema and kid store were described as treats.
Peter goes to a Pediatrician for advice. Fearing an STD.
Cereal gets stale? You learn something new, every day.
Mila Kunis reminds me of a friend of mine. In both voice and appearance. So, its strange to watch her, in a film about forgetting. 

The scene where Peter arrives in the restaurant to eat alone is painful.
Hawaii is the one place in the world. Where anyone can drink cocktails. ( Maybe Tahiti)

Sarah loses her job. Her show is cancelled. Her certainty. Her career, is suddenly placed in jeopardy. This  a slightly subversive. The male lead in this movie gave up his career. The male lead is accused of letting himself go.
Sarah, gives the sweat pants talk. We see the relationship from her side.
Russell, helping out the Mormons with sex advice. Is actually quite well done. Watching the deleted scenes. Brand's character comes across as quite sympathetic

There is a scene. When jumps off a cliff. Prompted by Mila.  Tries to leap of a cliff. Had he jumped squarely, he would have been carried safely and directly into the sea. However our hero, slips and is for a few moments in real danger. Apatow does this well. He did it in Superbad too. When the boys go to the party with the older crowd. He just gives a sense of real mundane jeopardy.
The ending is well done. Quite evenly handled. I think it just loses one thing. They make it just a bit too Hollywood. I think it would have been to let, it hang. I don't want to spoil it. I was pleased with the final part of the movie.
Why is Peter talking to other guys on a cam? What's up with that?
A very good movie. Very enjoyable. Wish I had caught it it in the cinema.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school