More Pulp

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRPa0GhxGUs
Thanks Nessa
My very good friend Bill, actually :) Sort of nails it. It sounds wrong, as he is older, and his Canadian-Californian accent, is out of place, asking for rum, and coca cola. However there is something, he gets the cynicism right.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ozc_j4uKaaY
Again, its from the Trainspotting soundtrack. I should mention here. Trainspotting was a phenomena  in Glasgow. When I arrived there, in 1995. To look around the university. There were posters of it everywhere. When I got my hair cut shore, the cleaners asked me if I was a trainpotter. Every nightclub, every bar, played the soundtrack, and we played the soundtrack ourselves. In the Hall, in the GUU, in Jintys all the time, and every time
Trainspotting is about Edinbrugh, and Mile end is about London
It explains, some of my feelings for London.
I don't like the city.
I however remember the song now for a different reason. The biggest pulp fan, in France. When I was there, in my capacity as the greatest sword in all France. Liked the song.
I remember her favourite line, was
The fifth floor landing smelt of fish, not just on Fridays, every single other day.
So, I include Mile End here, I prefer common people, as an example of how people change your outlook, on the world.
Bonsoir

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school