Goodnight Vienna

I have returned home from Wien. Tomorrow I go back to work. I think the place grew on me. Or I really don’t want to go back to work

Wienroof

This is me, up on the roof, of the tram station by my hotel. To be honest I had terrible vertigo. I am terrified of slipping down steps. Heights themselves don’t scare me

I woke up this morning, and watched CNN. Full of bad news about the tragic recent loss of flight Flight AF 447

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8080290.stm

I was perhaps a little more nervous flying today.

I spent the day lounging around Wien. Last night I had steak, and a cocktail. I had a steak at the resturant. I had been frequenting. I gave them a 100 euro note. Which did not please the, staff. A pity. They were nice. They were more then nice. They were hot

rurriwienblock

Its looks as if I am asleep or something very pleasant is happening to me. I sat on the yellow blocks of the museum quarter and wrote postcards. Yesterday I saw a man, with a bow and arrow. As I was coming up the Marahildstrasse. Its a strange place  Wien

I took the train to the airport. I flew home safely. One fun fact, is that they scan your belongs, just before you get into the gate. After duty free. I did set of the machine.

I didn’t want my holiday to end. I went to the pub, and I had a beer.

I will go to bed soon. Perhaps I will come back to Wien one day. I didn’t like everything about it. Sex trade is very obvious. There were lots of beggars. It could be untidy.

Then there was this

Rurrhallstadt

Its a Hallsdat axe. I had forgotten, Austria was the centre of the Hallsdat Celtic Culture. (SHAME ON ME) Its a bronze axe head. Isn’t it beautiful. It speaks to me. I want to hold it. I want to use it. Its a piece of metal, but I feel its alive and speaking to me

Worth the trip

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school