4 years ago Today

E-mailed to me by a friend …
7/7 never forget
I woke up late today, I was confused by a message from my sister. It was asking me whether I was having problems with the trains. I switched on the TV, could not find anything and went down to breakfast.
There I turned on the TV and discovered that the Underground was out. It said at first a power surge. Then I saw the pictures of the bomb in taverstock square and learned that Edgware road station was out of action.
I then heard about more bombs
with a heavy heart I set off for work. I took the bus from Chiswick, worried about a bomb on the bus. I got off halfway up the Bayswater road. I walked. In I was worried about oxford street. All the shops and the glass, and found myself praying from time to time. I remember walking past the Dixons on Oxford street and seeing a crowd of Londoners huddled around the TV screens. The only time I've seen this is for football matches. I walked up Tottenham court road. The streets were empty of traffic. save for the sounds of sirens rushing to and throw
I got as far as Euston station. When I ran into the Police cordon. I waited for a while, and called my sister to ask her to ring work. I sent messages to Ch..e and T-n, and Auggie. I spoke to a lady from the Boston Globe, and gave her a statement. I made her cross out the fact that I worked in the Library. I waited for half an hour. Started to think about if any of my co workers were killed. Worried if were people I don't like. I also worried, that I would get into trouble for talking to the press. I tried walking around the barrier. I got a message from my sister to go home. Walked back down, again, bought the paper, no real news. I tried to check my a-mail at an internet cafe. It rained, and I bought an umbrella. Walked down Oxford street. I had to jump the fences to get on the 94. Was soaked at this point. I was afraid, I'd slip. Bus journey was not as slow as I'd feared. Saw to girls outside the Kensington Hilton, with a sign saying Oxford, that cheered me up a little. Bus was crowded. Little Kid sitting across from me, I wondered how many orphans there would be today. Got off at Chiswick. Had a moments extra panic, when I thought I'd left my travel card on the Bus. Mercifully I had not. Got on the BUS again. I take too buses home, could walk. Bus driver, told me down leave your bag alone. I got a text from Charlotte which relieved me. I came home
Got a-mails from Chr… and the Americans. Including J… which I grateful for chatted to Ch… Good to hear some friends of his I know are safe. heard from my net friends which pleased me.
Heard from Nyssa, and Auggie
I watched the news. Became more anxious in the evening. Had this been a Saturday. i would have been on the train. wondering about work. part of me, wishes I was there. Its the first time I have missed a day. My brother wanted to go the cinema. I was not in the mod. I decided to keep busy. Dumped my old chair. Ironed and washed my clothes. Tidied my room a bit. Spoke to dear C--------again.Which cheered me up.
I am worried about tomorrow. I have to go on the trains again. Its always been in my mind. Grateful that the cup passed over my head

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school