The Evil leaper Quantum leap

Of late, inspired in part by my friend Susanne. I have been watching the Series Quantum leap again. I got the first two series on DVD. I have been watching the episodes as I ride my excercise bike in the evenings
For those of you who don’t know. The series premise was that Sam Beckett, was travelling in time, within his own lifetime. 1956-2010 Sam leaped into other lives. The person, he leaped into exchanged places physically with Sam. Sam was guided by his friend Al. Admiral Albert Calavicci. Who appeared in the form of a hologram only Sam, and dogs and horses could see
Anyway, I was recalling the evil leaper episodes.
There was a trilogy of episodes in which Sam encountered an evil leaper. Alia.
Alia was Sam’s opposite driven by Lothos, an evil hybrid computer. To do the unspeakable
Sam, faced Alia down and convinced her, to stop. Talking the gun, from her hand.
However there was another ending
I remember Quantum leap as sweetness and light. Perhaps wrongly. There is an episode where Sam confronts a serial killer. This episode actually stuck with me. Alia attempts to seduce Sam, and then cries rape. She scratches herself, to look like she has been hurt ( Sam has exchanged places in this case, with the body of a lad with down syndrome)
I remember that scene. It is something that stayed with me. Alia/ Sam seduction scene seemed sexier than most Network TV trysts. Then when Alia, pulls back. It is a shock.
I wondered if it was a symptom of my age at the time. 16/15 is old enough for a grope, but you don’t really trust girls because your kind of scared of them
Anyway, back to the evil leaper These scenes point to something much darker.
I did have an idea,
I was thinking of a third ending. A second leaper sent by QL. Who kills Alia dead. Doesn’t leap. Sam, and Al ask why.
The guy looks at Al, and Sam.
``You don’t You can’t remember, how awful it was’’
Sam leaps.

Comments

Sahara said…
Being able to time travel sounds intersting!

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school