Google one

I was trying to scrounge an invite to Google+ One of the members of my history list, had managed to finagle a membership. He commented about the circles

I was on a site called ICQ, I still am in fact. ICQ was big back in the early days of the last decade. As people started to get broadband in there houses. It was great, as people sought me out to speak to because I was young and an a native English speaker. It is a simple IM program. I used to see e-mails with people sharing there ICQ number. As it happens I joined ICQ, because of a girl ( Whom I now realize may not have existed) From that acorn, a mighty oak grew. I ended up meeting a large percentage of the group in real life. I dated a few, and I was introduced to new ideas and a new world. Valentina, and Magga, my Icelandic Gf, were both ICQ alumni. So was my French ex, who spoke to me because she thought I could speak Irish.


What I dislike about Facebook, is that Its not random. You log on to Facebook, and you meet people. Normally your friends, add you, or vice verse. Than you add your co workers and families, maybe you stumble across a page you like, or join a community. Which is all very well, however I miss the randomness of ICQ, and even myspace. I realize it is different for girls, I have been on chatroulette. I know what is out there

I don't want to live in a ghetto full of Alternate Historians, and university alumni

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school