The Lady from the Shanghai cinema


When I was 11/ or 12. I saw this film. It was on late, one saturday night. I think it was during the winter. I remember, the night being quite dark. We had managed to get another TV, and My parents, were out of the room. I was going through puberty.
The film, starred a pretty and exotic looking actress. Who sat down beside the hero, in a crowded cinema, and they started to grope. I remember she was wearing stockings. It had a unhealthy influence on me, in my early teens. There, is no nudity per se, in the film, as far as can I remember. I remember though being very taken with the actress. The Channel, was broadcasting a series of films about Latin America. One from Uruguay, which did not make any films for years, one from Argentina, set after the dirty war, which did have nudity. I remember a scene in a library, with someone condemning the Bible as subversive. All that time, and energy chasing a flash of thigh and silk.

Well, and now, on to Santiago. I will go there in, November. The first steps on a road, I took a look time ago

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school