Roads to War


When I was, in High school, I think I was 14, no I was 15.

One particular text book, springs to mind. Is this one. Roads to War. It was part of a series, which included Stalin's Russia. Hitler's Germany, The Great Depression, and WW2. We never studied WW2 directly, for some reason. Because it is the most interesting? Anyway, I remember this book, because I lost it, or it was destroyed, whilst in my possession. So, I never had it in class, and to be honest, it seemed, we used it more often, than our bibles, or hymn books.

Seriously, this is one, of my big recollections, from my teen years. Not having my Roads to War text book. The Stalin's Russia one, The Weimar Germany one. But Roads, to war, oops

Curiously the year before, I had also lost my history text book, when sick. I had left my bag, in the street. I had caught the flu, and left the bag, full of school books, lying in the street. The bag, was never returned, and I spent the year explaning the loss.
Text books, are apparently becoming a thing of the past. The modern school room, will use kindles, and some such. Well, not a moment too soon

Anyway, Roads, to War, is now under my purview. This is the second chance, I get!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school