German holiday notes

Germany observations

Holland is full of bikes. I type this as I pass through  the Dutch countryside by train.
Every platform, of every station is like a miniature version of Halfords

The Carphone warehouse, is the phone house in Germany and the Netherlands.
There were little rabbits running about Muenster as foxes, do in London.
As according to rumor, the rabbits, are wild outside Stirling uni
The place ( Germany )can be quite dead on Sunday. Even the Irish pub, was not open. I got dinner, in an Arabian, donor kebab shop
There was a picture of a woman, in middle eastern dress, surrounded by a horse, with lots of sheep.
I smiled, thinking my Grandad, would have liked it. The hamburger, and fries I had were excellent.
I went to a bar/cafe across from my hotel. Which was the only place open, and thus attracted noisy drunks.
I came back, to my hotel. Kicking myself, that I did not go to the football match.

My hotel, had a chapel, on the fifth floor. I meant to go and look.
I was not charged, for breakfast. Though I ate breakfast on the Saturday morning. Very nice it was too
I kept quiet about this. As I figured it was karmic justice, for there being no internet
I also had a coke from the minibar, Again, I neglected to mention this.
The Philips, TV came on, during the middle of the night
Holland is a land of drainage ditches and bikes, and than forest.
They don't take Visa, as a rule in Germany it seems. This caused some difficulties buying DB tickets.
Compounded by the fact, that the same machine, did not seem to believe, any of my euros were legal tender
I bought a dear stalker hat, for 5 euros. I have lost my red, Dennis the menace, hat. 
Which I got in Berlin
They still have Woolworth, stores there. I bought a Fisherman's Friend and gloves there
I lived on Christmas  Market- pizza, and sausage rolls, from the German version of Gregs. Along with the coffee they sold at the Markets and Deusche Greggs
There were lots of dogs in Munester. Quite expensive breeds. A Siberian Husky, two Greyhounds, and a woman, nursing a Sausage Dog in a pram!  Oh, I also saw a pram, for the first time, in years. There was a Christmas party of some description at my hotel
A woman, came in, with her pram.
I think, this may be my last trip, to Germany for the winter season. I feel the cold, more and more. I am aware of my age.
I should have worked, harder with the language. Perhaps, next year I  shall stay in my own chair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school