Wikipedia down

As wikipedia, is down today. In protest against SOPA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:SOPA_initiative/Learn_more

I have decided, to step into wiki's shoes briefly, and supply everything you need to know about Old school cartoons. You are very welcome

The family ness
The Loch Ness Monster was big in the 1980s. A teacher called me Noisy Ness, Malchera
Sport Billy.
A hero from another planet. One of my favourite cartoons, as an under 5. I presume, because like me, sport Billy had black hair, and jeans. Contrary to rumour not banned in Scotland
Mr Men.
Written about my affections for the show earlier on my blog
The Smurfs
The only thing worth watching on Sundays. However never forgave Papa smurf, for saying you are behaving like humans. Bigot! There was a reboot, which I saw only once. Which featured Grandpappy smurf. First fan website, I ever saw produced was by Robyn on the smurfs
Galaxy High.
Galaxy High, Why should the under tens, worry if they are popular at HS? No seriously America why? Something wrong with the system there...1980s fish out of water cartoon.
Battle of the Planets.
They used drones Automated Missile trucks, when fighting the bad guys!
Thunderbirds, 2061.
I remember the line, make it jump like a scalded cat. Also one of the pilots had PTSD, and there was a rebellion in the Asteroid colonies. Not enough fighting though. True to the Gerry Anderson series, in that case
Rupert the bear.
Rupert your a wonderful bear, you wear love hearts on your underwear. British comic strip, which is the only thing in the Daily Express, worth reading
Centurions.
One of my favourites. There was an episode, where a kid, is kidnapped and recruited, by the main foe and happily beats the Heroes, with the Baddie's robot army. Also had an Irish astronaut, and a pretty redhead. Quite interesting in retrospect, as it features a transporter beam, but no internet
Captain Planet.
Geordi La Forge, solves the Troubles. This is not a joke
MASK.
Did the hero, just jump out of Aircraft, to solve the episodes problems? Also an American secret society that acts outside the law, and wears disguises should worry people.
Galaxy rangers,
Never really watched this.
Bravestar,
There was a thing for Cowboys in Space, end of the 1980s start of the 1990s. Native American in Space. Was he the inspiration for Chakotay in Voyager?
Hulk cartoon,
I remember this on Saturday morning. The female lead, was captured in one episode, trying to Hitch Hike, there is a moral for you there.
The Get along gang. They lived in a caboose ( American term for an railroad car) Hey kids, play on the railways! The leader was called Montgomery.
Duckula.
British TV series. Voiced by David Jason. Pray your never meet, with Duckula? Did ITV make more animation than the BBC?
Tailspin.
Disney keeping Baloo, out of the Public Domain
Kissyfur.
Sentimental series, they would show on Saturdays. bear, and father. grieving over his mother's death. Attacking a crocodile that used to try and eat the kids.
Godzilla and Godzooky.
First Cartoon, that I would sit through BBC Young persons, TV on saturdays for.
Spiderman and his amazing friends. Played this in Primary school. I was the lizard. I fought Spider man! I still remember that
The Fantastic Four
( Version without the Human Torch, another BBC Moral panic)
X-Men.
( Several versions)Theme tune, was a kicker. I was called a hypocrite for whistling the tune in senior year. ( For the cousins) As I would have told someone else, they were childish for doing so.
Spideman,
1998 version, I saw in the USA, when I should be in class. Introduced me to the black cat. Who in my mind is linked with Catherine W. Crush I had in UNC
The new animated Batman, and Superman adventures.
I used to watch this in UNC, after class. Really good. Described in SFX as cartoon Noir
Animaniacs.
Suprisingly smart scripted series, on the WB channel. Yet covered US civic history-crossing of the Delaware, the Star spangled Banner the Also featured a long haired blonde nurse as a regular
My little Pony.
Sisters had the videos and the toys. There was one of the Ponies who was a genius. Who said things like, ``in theory, yes in practicality no!'' I still use this line. There were villains called Crabnasties.. giggle
Biker Mice from Mars.
British series, I don't know if I ever watched it. Recent, remember the titles though.
Teenage mutant Ninja turtles.
Favourite of my youngest brother. BBC had a slight moral panic over the word Ninja
Batfink
-My wings are like a shield of steel. Asian stereotype sidekick
Rodger Ramjet.
used to be shown in the morning. Odd as its actually a US satire. US Jet age hero, is an idiot
Rainbow bright.
My middle sisters favourite show, at 8 years old. Oirsh Patty o' Green character
Carebears.
Fun fact Harry Dean Stanton worked on the Care bear movie
Flintstones
. A favourite of my mother.
Jetsons... Again... See Family guy spoofs, for this and the flint stones too
( Wasn't there a third series based on the premise of an ordinary modern family in ancient rome?)
Chip N Dale.
.One of my favourite shows of all time. Pretty mouse techie. Wicked theme tune..
Duck Tales-
I know the theme tune, in Russian. ``Life is like a Hurricane'' I was compared to scrooge McDuck at work. By an ex supervisor. Who I presume earned more money than me...Also Scrooge wears a kilt, but the tight fisted Scotsman is a lowlander nae?
Gummi Bears-
I used to make gummi berry juice, out of black currant and orange. Cartoon based on a piece of Candy.
Willy Fogg-
Great series gateway, to the books. Oh and quite accurate. Notice the duel. Willy Fogg, fights a duel.
Jayce and the wheeled warriors. A woman once slapped me, because I remembered the name.
Jayce crosses the galaxy fighting veg.
Reboot-
I saw one episode, which was incredibly well written featuring cameo's from Mulder and Scully at the height of their fame)
The Raggy Dolls-
British series. I used to pretend it was called Ragga dolls
The Ratties-
( Voiced by Spike Milligan)
Rhubarb and Custard.
People thought the tune was hysterical in HS, it was. Once!
Visionaries.
The arrows fierce the swords, repel, may nothing pierce this mortal shell''
Go-Bots-
My brothers friend was in trouble for singing the theme tune in class. I wonder if the Go-Bots are more remembered now, as they are mentioned in passing in Lethal weapon
Transformers-
The classic. I cried when Prime died. Grimlock....
GI. Joe.
Never watched the series here. I used to read the blurbs on the videos in Woolworths
He-Man, and the Masters of the Universe..
In today's story..One truly terrifying two part episode. Featured a gate with snakes, and maniac laughter
The Mysterious cites of Gold..
Epic PC series. Probably responsible for my love of Latin women, The colonisation of the Americas, meets the Chariots of the Gods. Find a live action TV series with that ambition?
Belle and Sebastian..
Did they ever get over the Mountains?
Thundercats.
I had the sticker book, which someone stole. Also, Thundercats, left there people to die on Thundera. They are the Aristocrats. Mutants the Villians, brought a fleet, of people. The Thundercats saved their manservant and let the cities die. Pilot featured nudity though
Voltran.
They showed this in Texas. The home and garden store, not the US state. Though the show is more popular in the United States of America
Dino Riders.
I had one of the toy dinosaurs. No one else seems to have noticed the show though. The toy was cool.
The Paw Paw Bears.
The lead villain was quite sympathetic. I always wanted him to win. Esp, as the leader of the Paw Paw, bears, was a whiny girl ``Flying cloud'' You would almost wait for Phil Sheridan to show up
Dogtanian, and the Muskerhounds.
Heard Italians singing the tune, in Sienna, in Italian.
Defenders of the Earth.
Broadcast here, a decade after the US.
Conan.
My brother and sister, make fun of me by singing a song, based about me..based on the theme tune of Conan. Malchera the adventurer
Once upon a ...life.
( French Cartoon, Channel 4 used to show, did the whole of world history, and Biology)
She-ra-
I had the poster. I thought Hordak, was a better villain than Skeletor
Droids-
Curiously I may have had a friend who worked on this
Ewoks.
See above.
Dangermouse-
Kid at school named Penfold. He grew up learning how to fight
Bucky O Hare.
Lets croak us some toad...The comics were worthless, in the 1990s. Friend collected a lot to sell. Nothings
Maxie's world.
My littlest sister, loved it. She used to watch it on saturdays. Nice theme tune Feminist horror. The male charcters are all idiots.
Bill and Ted.
Whenever they show elephants, they mention one of there fathers is a republican.
Police academy the cartoon,
shown on saturdays. I swear I am the only person to have seen this I know off. Possibly because Tackleberry would use firearms to open doors.
Mr T.
My brother had the cassette and book. For years I confused, the phrase limoscene, with liberty.
The Happy Days cartoon.
I remember one episode, which featured a Beyonce lookalike running around the North African of Timbucktu, in a bikini. Not the most accurate history. Oh and my brother had the cake, based on the time machine for his birthday
The Raccoons.
Watched the TV movie in class. The TV movie, is a retcon. TV movie makes Cyril sneer an Alien.
Was the Alligator Tycoon, supposed to be a Texan?
Pirates of Blackwater.
Foxy female lead. There is an urban legend that there is a banned second series.
Dungeons and Dragons.
Even as I child, I found there was something hellish about it. Remember an episode, where one of characters got older and older. Why would a Tween/Teen be scared of that? Also, again, African American girl wears a bikini. Oh and they once had an Aircraft carrier, in an episode, and did not strip it for guns. Also I found Eric the character who complained a lot, was right most of the time/
Star trek the Animated series.
I have caught a few episodes, from time to time. Kirk quoted Shakespeare at the end of one episode. I mean to sit down and watch it all
Stargate infinity.
I never got round to seeing this. Considering how big I was into Gate Fandom
The Simpsons.
I did not see, this until I was in my first year of college, and they showed it on terrestrial. We did not have cable.
Family Guy.
I kept the video for years, until the series was relaunched. I used to have write commentaries, for a French person. Have stopped watching it though.
American Dad
US series by the writer of Family guy. Spoof of the securocrat Bush years. Not ageing well.
South Park.
I heard about the pilot, and laughed out loud. I was in a cafe, with Robyn's friends, than went to New England and watched it with my cousins.
Ren and Stimpy.
Nickname for two teachers in High school
Rugrats.
There is ``a dingo stole, your baby joke'' in this series.
The Real Ghost busters.
Written by JMS, the guy who wrote Babylon 5..and featured Marduk, the Babylonian god
Filmation Ghostbusters.
Someone bought us the books, for a cheap birthday or Christmas present. Its a cartoon of a barely remembered 1970s/60s US series. That once the 1980s version of Ghostbusters came out, someone decided to cash in.
Teddy Ruxpin.
Took ages, to get to the action.
Perishers.
British rip of Charlie brown?
Animals of Farthing wood.
They show this in Irish, in Ireland
Charlie brown-Snoopy.
Cannot watch it now, without remembering the family guys spoofs
The Tick,
Sadly missed show. Featured a cameo from Joey from friends, playing the ticks roomie
God the Devil and Bob.
James Garner should play God. My brother loved the lie, about God getting a cheap shot in a fight.
Jem.
Truly outrageous. Inspiration of pretty Nordic singers
Futurama.
I always liked the woman who voiced Leela. Look her up when Wiki works again. Oh and Zoidberg. However it was never as sharp, as the Seth McFarlane stable
The Midnight patrol.
(Potsworth and company are called by the cousins)
Yogi Bear.
This is obviously, a heritage show
Tom and Jerry.
Again another heritage show, used to be shown before the news.
Woody Woodpecker.
He wears UNC colours, white and Sky blue
Mighty Mouse.
They showed all the episodes in 1987 than stopped
Betty Boop.
Became fashionable again in the 1990s. Suspect any middle aged man, who likes this show.
Top Cat,
I would never have been allowed to watch this, had my dad known it was based on Bilko
Heathcliff
Another crazy cat cartoon often confused with Garfield. The lead terrorizes the neighbourhood. Thus our problems with street crime began...Also there was a Gang, of cats who lived in a junk yard, featuring a 6ft tall female cat, who wore leg warmers..
Laurel and Hardy the cartoon.
Not remembered fondly. I guess a nice idea. Introduce kids, to classic comedy. But was even mocked on little Britan.
Highlander the Cartoon, Better than one of the Highlander movies. The second.
Popye, and Popeye, the new adventures One of the new adventures episodes, has Popeye living somewhere in the American West Coast, and talking about his grandfather the Chicken Plucker. Surely that was deliberate
Hulk Hogan, the Cartoon.
I ignored this. It made Thunder in Paradise, look Indie
Garfield.
Bored me, I dislike cats,
Plastic man
The side kick, was a Pacific Islander called Bad Luck Jimmy. Who bad things happened to, One presumes in his last life, he was working the watch towers.
The Snorks.
Teaser promised, a guy investigating the snorks. It looked cool. Instead, it turned out to be the Smurfs, underwater
Captain Caveman. Sadly I never acheieved my ambition of traveling across the US south, with three teenage girls. Nor did I ever get to say, a ``Truckosaurus rex''
Scooby do.
I actually liked Scappy do. Look it up on TV tropes. Live with it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school