Song for the day (1990s nostalgia)


Ugly Kid Joe, I hate everything about you. I played this for my ESL class. I remember first hearing the song, on a school trip for DofE. I was on my way to  Wexford, I had to listen to this song.
Its not a great song. I didn't like it at the time. Felt like most early 1990s stuff it was depressing. Its also sexless. Which is something I remember about the era. Compare L7 to the Bangles or Beyonce, and you will see what I mean

I remember I got told off for talking a bit to candidly about my teachers on that trip.


Of late I have been on a 1990s nostalgia kick. I have been listening to Baker  and Kelly. I remember listening to them on saturdays At my friends Barry Jones, and Ross Johnstones house, in Glasgow. Barry Jones was a Hull city fan. Once I  left Barry alone to watch football focus I still feel bad about that. Its been freshers week, in Glasgow Uni. I remember those heady days. A pound a pint, and scoobie snacks on Queen Margret drive. A safeway savers card and a crewcut


Finally I was watching the BBC's Fantasy Football league, The Skinner and Baddiel post pubshow. I just caught a glimpse of the late Paula Yates. Bless her. I had forgotten she appeared on the show. Never lived to see her daughters grow up. Hell I am evening watching Voyager again on SF Debris.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school