Doctor Who, The Day of the Doctor



The BBC finally spent money. It took them 50 years. The scenes of the battle of Arcadia, hold up at least with modern Trek. Compare them with Bad Wolf for example, or Journeys End

I loved the nod towards remembrance of the Daleks. Clara teaching at the school, where Susan studied. The immortal name of I.M Forman. I know that is also a reference to the first Doctor. Remembrance of the Daleks, is a story I saw 25 years ago. I remember the reference to the Death of President Kennedy

Odd that during the Time War, the Doctor communicates with  the military high command rather then the civilian high council of Galifrey. The Dr allies himself with the military against the civilians. I realize there were reasons why they could not get Dalton et al as Rassilion

Shame we did not see the Master. By the way, if Galifrey has returned Then has the Master and the Rani...The other renegades...

John Hurt during the battle of Arcadia, could have been Winston Smith in 1984. The last man in Europe, is now the last man in the the universe

I liked depiction of Elizabeth the 1st. A clever Welsh Redhead. She has put on weight since her Gavin and Stacey days. So have we all I suppose

We saw the regeneration, of Hurt's Doctor into Eccleson's. Though Eccleson did not appear  on screen. A shame.

I am glad, Billy Piper did not appear as Rose Tyler, the lovely dovey-puppy eyes, routine for David Tennant would have been jarring. It was time to move on...There was a little of Belle in Piper's performance

Calpadi's Doctor is glimpsed...The cameo of Tom baker, for many-including the Simpsons-Tom Baker is the Doctor was good. I would have preferred  Davidson-Colin Baker-McCoy,which dates me..

Moffat, for whatever his floors as a writer. Can use time travel as a convincing plot device

I am not sure about the return of Galifrey. Losing the Timelords, gave the new Who series weight. The Doctor had made the hardest choice of  all hard choices..letting him get out of it.. Well I think we lost something

The differences in tone, between Tennants Doctor. A man who is trying hard not to remember, becomes Matt Smith's the Man who forgot, is projected well. The childish of Smith's Dr-The Fez the Madman in the box..Its no accident we see Smith bonding with a child at first.

Well at the very least-I am looking forward to Christmas



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school