Tarzan

I got distracted towards the end. I should have liked this film much better than I did.
The cast is strong. Waltz and Samuel Jackson as support. Robbie as the love interest. The film is grounded in history. It's set rather aptly, this week with the centenary of the death of Rodger Casement in the Belgian Congo. The film,  reminded me of times of penny dreadful
It's good to see someone take a risk. Try a property-Tarzan, that we have not seen for a while
The scenery is beautiful,  the African veldt, the forests and misty mountains of the congo. We even see the long long Ben Chapman.
Firstly Tarzan being a strong silent type does not really hold my interest. Skarsgard I think lacks charisma
So SJ had the character pieces talking about the USCW, Maximillan, and bring a buffalo fighting the Indians
Secondly we have not seen Tarzan's origin story in years. Here it was relayed by flashback. Why?
I understand people feeling bored by repeating the origin story of Batman or Spiderman every decade. But Tarzan has not been seen for a while, and the origin is interesting
Did anyone really think that DJimon would be allowed to be a villain?
There is a dig, about Waltz being close to his priest. Which implies an impropriety to modern ears, which would not have been the case in the 1840s
I keep thinking Jim Broadbent is dead...
We were not allowed to see how dangerous hippos were either...
A pity ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school