The Woman who fell to Earth

The first story of the Chibnal era

Okay

It is better than Deep Breath. It is not as good, as the 11th hour. It is about the same level as the Christmas Invasion. Which I think it mimics on purpose. Even the Alien big bad, seems to have a similar look, to the big red guy.

Okay.

I liked, the Sheffield setting. It was something I liked about Torchwood. This feels more real, than the idealised London, of the RDS era, or the hip Britannia of the Moffat days.

The cast is fine. The acting is very good. Some of the dialogue particularly that given to Bradley Walsh is a bit clunky. The line about blaming this on your dyspraxia too

I like Jodie. I liked her, Line, in the police car, can we turn on the sirens. I liked her messing about with the phone.

I liked the forging of new sonic screw driver

It is weird to hear the Doctor apologise. I know that Tennant was famous for the I'm so sorry line. But Jodie's Doctor is quite specific. I am sorry this person died. I am sorry you got sucked into this. This is different.

Quite good, cliffhanger at the end.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school