Captain Marvel


It is alright. I am now officially old, my teenage years are now the product of official nostalgia

So, yeah Blockbuster, Long distance carriers. Dial-up modems, Alta Vista search engine, and the CD ROM. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air is on broadcast TV. Grunge, and some music I had forgotten,
Garbage was one of the few great bands of the 1990s. 

The Stan Lee cameo was really well done. It was great to see him reading the script to Mallrats

So, Captain Marvel is well acted. I note Annette Benning's performance, particularly the heel turn.
I thought she was aping Hilary Clinton

The Australian accent seems to have replaced the British one, as the non-American weird accent in Hollywood's ear. Also, did I see a little of Angel/Buffy with the Alien drinking a coke

I am getting bored by people having existential discussions when sparring

I think the problem is two-fold.

The more powerful a superhero the less interesting they are. I found the Dark Phoenix stories in the X-men dull, for the same reason. If you can do anything...

Brie Larson is not a big star. She just does not have the Charisma


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school