The Boys Season 2

 

I think we could have done with a bit more- There were 8 episodes to the previous series 10 

I think I might need to give this series a rewatch

Butcher is less fun when he is Moody. Also I think Homelander is too. I liked watching Homelander try to connect to his son. I thought the fact that the boy, makings Lego videos of the Blind side was a nice touch. Homelander taking his son out in Public was well done too 

Homelander gave into Voght a bit too easily- Why so? 

There are a few freak out moments, the man with the enormous penis. The dead whale, the 

Okay firstly I want to complain about Stormfront. Not the Actress-Ms Cash She did superb work 

But bloody hell, its another Nazi villain. Okay, The problem with Stormfront's plan is that and it is lamp shaded in the series. There are billions of people in the world. Billions. We can see the terrorist groups that gave us the Asian, making their own off brand superheroes Why do we expect the PRC not to be able too? Or the fact that the Boys can take down superheroes, but the SAS /DELTAs Mossad would not be able too? So assuming a race war- What do we expect say the Detroit Police Department and HBU too not be able to pull something out of the mix.

Also I did not buy Homelander as a Racist- I get we have Garth Ennis material to play against- But the being is above all of humanity in his own mind. 

We finally got to meet Lamplighter and his story arc was well done. I also liked the fact that we had A-Train triumphing despite everything. I enjoyed the Church of the Collective as a power in the Boys Universe in it's own right. 

Erin Moriaty is lovely 

I thought they wrapped everything up well at the end. I wonder though if things did not sag in the middle

Hopefully next season will be Homelander unleashed


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school