The Pyramid of Mars

 

So I have a pet theory about episode. 

The power of regeneration that the Timelords have-Via the Timeless Child is a gift of the Osirian's-Who  knew they would not be there to defeat Sutekh. Now imagine the horror  if he  Sutekh had allied with the Daleks or such. So they gave the power of regeneration to the Timelords via the Timeless child. That way, they could shape the fate of the Doctor, to destroy Sutekh. Regeneration means that Sutekh cannot trace the Dr through time

Well there is a reason it is a classic. I had the novelisation of this-Picked up at a school fete or jumble sale

I think this is the first time I have watched it all through, rather than bits and pieces

Tom Baker is almost malevolent In this episode he is driven, and distant. The Dr fights his most dangerous enemy, and he has gone toe to toe, with the Daleks. Interestingly the Time lords are far away 

Yes that is Mr Bronson! 

I wonder what the Ice Warriors were doing when Sutekh was enthroned on Mars

I like the description of the Osirian's domed heads and brains like spinal staircases

Its just so good. It is one story I would like to see remade. At conventions people ask other Doctors to read out the speech from The Rings of Akhenaten. Can you imagine Smith or Capaldi in full Edwardian garb..

 I am surprised that no one has come back to this story. Yes I know the Beast, in Impossible planet - Who is also hinted to be Satan- Novelisation does this explicitly. But why not a cult of Sutekh

Well perhaps things should be left buried 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school