Tom Baker Stories

 Underworld.

I liked this one. I don't know why it has such a bad reputation with fans. I liked Alan Lake's performance in particular. I think he had the aggression of a Greek heroic age figure. Even the design of the weapons was interesting - I thought they could do more with the Timelords being more mercurial figures

Nightmare of Eden, It is an interesting idea for the Antagonist  to sell drugs to continue his work. He begs the Doctor to understand him-One scientist to another 

State of Decay. This is the best of the E-Space Trilogy. It feels and looks great - Gothic Horror in Space. Its nice to see Adric open to becoming a vampire, he would not understand the lore. So why not try and live for ever. I don't want to flog the aeons dead horse that is Adric. I think the mercurial moments  shows what could have been done with the character. Having someone who is just not Human to play off the Dr and the Companion. It worked with Nardol and the 12th Doctor 

 The World of the Hydrax feels real. The Headman trying to keep his son - The captain of the Guard telling the headman he tried to save his son. Again we have the Time Lords deep past. There is even a hint of HBD. 

The Hand of Fear. Great Performance by Liz Sladen 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school