Knives Out

 

Well I enjoyed this  It is a while since I have seen a murder mystery on film

What a great cast!

Ana de Armas, Katherine Langford, Don Johnson, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Daniel Craig. Max Von Sndow and Michael Shannon.  Some of my favourite actors there. 

So there is a death in the family, and a will to be read 

It has been too long since we have heard the phrase a gentleman sleuth. Sadly people have read about Blanc in The New Yorker rather then the Times. I was also pleased by Craig's accent. He seemed to be having fun in the role. Which is nice  I liked the fact the script is aware that recordings on mobile phones are commonplace

Ana de Armas is radiant l. I do love Katherine Langford too-There is a nice scene of Katherine being coached and prompted by her relatives to guilt Maribel 

Chris Evans was great as the spoiled son. Radiating menace. I can see why he chose this film After Avengers finished It does show off his range The language and manners are well observed. 

Some snappy dialogue- and very well observed tropes. The argument about politics. The Americans never quite agreeing on where Ana's Maribel is from.  The flaky in-law - Who is now an Influencer who is not making any real money from her brand. 

I see an American eating beans and sausage

I was pleased I noticed that the dose of Morphine was too high- which confused me but it paid off

Beautiful scenery. New England in the fall. A nice big house. 

I enjoyed this- I am looking forward to seeing the sequel 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school