St Patricks Day Weekend

 

I did not relish this one. I felt sick on Friday morning of the 17th of March, I did force myself to go to mass which I am pleased with. The priest gave a homily about the holy ghost fathers in West Africa. 

I spent the rest of the day trying to nap away from the pain. I did not go to visit my family. I was afraid I had covid or something nasty. I wore a mask in the chapel. I did not want anyone to catch anything of me

I went to the Shanakee, as per usual. It was a quiet night- truth be told, There were very few people out despite it being a Friday Evening 

There was a drunken woman from Derry who wanted to fight with everyone. I was worried she would cause problems 

I saw the Campbells who are the family of my sister's husband 

I drank Radler, which I had been saving. It is a sharp taste not unlike cider. After the Taxi home

I paid homage to tradition and so  myself and my brother  and watched  Cheers -Bar Wars and Magnum P.I

Best of all, I booked my daughter's trip to Europe 

I was rudely awakened by the builders the next day. Ireland went on to win the 6 Nations 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school