Mrs Carmen Tamariz

 

My mother in law, my daughter's beloved grandmother, has died in Lima She was 76 years old 

She is mourned by her two daughters, and surviving son, and many grandchildren in Peru and abroad

She was a complicated person. She was born in the North of Peru, she grew up in a hotel. 

She remembers children crying outside and being told to ignore it. She hated the noise of crying children since then. 

She was then sold to the local mayor and ran away to Lima. 

Where she met my father in law. Who sold his Cadillac to buy her a ring,

She loved my daughter, always brought her something- even if just a banana 

She brought us once a beautiful parrot from the jungle of Peru, which sadly we could not keep

She cooked for us often. She liked a drop of whiskey, even if she suffered from diabetes

One day, we were told to turn off the computer and TV. My daughter went into an autistic  meltdown refusing to sleep for hours. Carmen, blessed my daughter, and lit some pieces of papers. It got my daughter to sleep

Goodbye Carmen



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school