Christmas 2023

 Firstly my compliments to any readers


It was quite hectic but not as expensive as I feared

I left work late on Friday. I did not feel so great- a bit groggy a bit frazzled. I walked home, I had to stop off to buy batteries. I napped for a bit. I woke up late, and tried to settle

Saturday 

I met my friends Christoper and Rebecca and their children. I arranged to meet them in Central London. They go to Covent Garden, where the lady came to town as a child and teen. Invited to a quick bite, we got the central line to White City  and then to Loftus Road 

The game disappointed all though our seats did not. We had an excellent view of the game. 

Southampton beat QPR 1-0  Southhampton were a more physical side. QPR's lack of a centre forward shows. It is the same problem I remember from the 1990s- The Dichico and Gallen days- If there is no forward there is no threat to the opposition. Equally with no forward that does not free up our second line, of Chair, and Dykes. 

After the game, we went back to Covent Garden for a lovely meal 

I then retired to the Shanakee

I woke up terribly hungover on the 24th. I was listess. I don't think I drank so much, Just a lot of cheap wine and cours light. I pulled my act together. 

Mass was at 8pm, and lasted quite long. Also a second collection. 

I stayed up as long as I could watching Cheers, and Fraiser. I was a bit annoyed by my brother who has been snubbing me, in the shanakee. 

I did get a picture of Roisin in her dress. The nice green one I had sent from Maceys 

I was woken by shouting at 9 am 

There was a breakfast served at midday. The eggs were cold but otherwise it was superb. Though in our house as always the fuck up fairy had visited and we did not have bagels but burger buns. My sister had cooked the turkey and then brought it down. We were joined by my entire family, and the inlaws. 

I did feel the absence of my daughter more. 

We exchanged gifts, 

I got some lovely presents

A QPR Calender

A photo of my daughter, and a key ring

A marceline T shirt

A nice green next shirt

A Dr Who glass

 and then we waited for supper, and waited and waited. My brother in law finally arrived We ate in our front room. I did enjoy the meal. It was a bit dry with no cranberry sauce. We did not have a lot of turkey leftover. I forewent the deserts. Though I later had some tifle.

I then washed up, clearing up the rubbish and the plates, pots and silver. Which took a while. 

We then had a quiz. Which my team won. I was a little diasapointed I did not get the elemental name for Tin. Also failing to pick China rather then the USA for having the most motorways 

I then napped 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school