Monday, August 24, 2026

The French Connection

 

I saw this on BBC I-player

This is very much off it's time. Racial slurs abound.  The docker's union have to be paid off. When we see Marsielles it is a city of steps, and handcarts. You notice the cars are brightly coloured. Men wear suits. It is still cold. The Nightclub has a song about going to the moon. The club has a live band rather then electronic music 

The chase scene on the overpass is legendary.

It is interesting to see Marseilles, a city which I am not familar with. The French villian has a much younger mistress, he angles off his house

I did like Popeye

This seems to have created a lot of tropes. The upper class junkie, the undercover black police officer

The chases. Lots and lot of foot chases...




No comments:

Taxi Driver

 Taxi Driver There is a lot of Cybil Sheperd in this film. Which I found disappointing  She seems to have been forgotten in the legend this ...