The Dark Knight

I went to see this with my sister. We had gone to see Batman Begins. We went to see this one
A few times here, I have complained that my mood, may have cost me the movie. I had arrived at the cinema too early.
Well today I was at the cinema, hungover. I was drinking the night before. I am not sure why. The Russians are very worried. I was somewhat overdressed. I have a Banana republic cardigan, and I wanted to wear it. It was about 30 C. I had arrived a half hour early.
Anyway the film was spectacular.
Heath Ledger, puts in a dazzling performance as the Joker. A mad man. Sometimes, stumbling sometimes mumbling.  Heath does not try to do the OTT, performance that Nicholson did. Heath at one point is captured and sits quietly in a cage.
The violence, often happens off scene. There is a cut away, when the Joker maims and mutilates
Anyway, its been a year since, the events of Batman Begins. Batman has the criminals in Gotham on the run.
There are wannabe's posing as Batman. One of the subplots of the film. Batman has a symbol has inspired people to take action
Then there is Harvey Dent, played by Aaron eckhart. A brave and fearless D.A snatching a gun, Harvey plans to break the crime lords of Gotham. He is a former employee of internal affairs
A man on a white horse. At one point Aaron, mentions the Roman office of a dictator, the position, occupied by Cinnacticus and the delayer Fabius, and finally a man named Caesar.
The Chinese, seem unconcerned that an American vigilante, steals one of their citizens.
There is the always reliable Mr Caine, and Mr Freedman.
Once again, we see the fair city of Chicago. We see the green chicago river, I am confused, about this. If you live in Chicago, and your watching this, do you not notice, that its Michigan avenue, and not Gotham.
But that's a minor quibble. Its a great movie. See it, don't read about it

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school