My old wallet

Old wallet

Its my friends Birthday, today. So hello Chris! Happy Birthday.

Anyway, I was going through my stuff. I was putting away some of poor Regine’s things . Anyway, I discovered my old wallet. From college days.

Starting from the top,

My fake Isis card. It gives my age about 9 months older, then I am.

I sent off for it from an advert I saw, in the back of Loaded. I wrote 1996 instead of 1976

My Blockbuster video card, from Byres road. I used to rent Buffy and Voyager, and watch them, with a six pack of Labats.

The pink card is a young persons railcard. I never used it once. It cost me a fifty! I never used it. A complete waste of money.

I thought I would be riding the rails, from Raith to Inverness. I never did. In fact rode Amtrak, and its Canadian counterparts more.

The card on the top, the blue card, is from an internet cafe, I went to once or twice in Glasgow,

My Blue cross id. I had to get health insurance for NC. I think I used it once. I had a fever.

My Glasgow Uni Id. It was the first picture of me I liked. The pictures they took at High school. I loathed. For the first time, I relaxed in front of a camera. The two holes in it, are for union membership, and Sports membership.

The Green card, at the bottom. Is from the Tree house. A UNC-CH nightclub. Which had pool tables, and they gave you wristbands when you came in to divide  the 21’s and over.

MY cheque card from Nations Bank. Now useless

Lastly Niamh from Tir na Og. A phone card. I bought years ago.

Once these things wrested, close to my chest. Once, I worried where they were. Once, it was my whole life. Now, it rests in a draw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school