Vicky Christina Barcelona

I was reminded why I don’t go far on Saturday nights. I waited ages to use a bathroom. The bus was late. It was cold. I was not up the West End 
 
Well, the city of Barcelona deserves its billing. This could almost be a promo for the city.
Penelope acts Scarlett off the screen. I like Scarlett, Penelope Cruz  is simply better.
Scarlett, is there, in all her glory. She is the woman you, can’t stop staring at. The camera lingers on her chest. On her thighs.
It is beautifully filmed. There is a scene in a fruit shop. With the Apples red, the Oranges orange.
There is one scene of great tension, towards the end.
I would watch Scarlett in anything, Penelope and Javier, are good actors and bring their chemistry to the screen. The voice over is annoying. Its often pretentious but..
I would be remiss not to mention Rebecca Hall, a flawless performance. An exquisite study in character. Despite the fact that Scarlett seduces the camera. Rebecca Hall  steals the show

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school