Dreams that never came true

This is not self pity. 

Last night I was watching Star Trek. The new J.J abrams film. I posted on it earlier. I was thinking of how Star Trek is a vision of a future. It's the past's vision of the future. Its a world I doubt we will ever know. A world where space travel is easy cheap and common.

That dream will not be realized. Dreams reveal a lot about ourselves and how we see the world Here is a list of my dissolved dreams. Where have the gone?

I will not move somewhere in the US West or Midwest and shack up with a girl called Anya ( 2001 or so. My friend and I were both working for WorldCom. )

I will not be an archaeologist calling my friend Neil, at Glaswegian hospitals to ask his advice about Bones ( First year in Glasgow Uni)

I will not be an architect (High school/ junior high)

I will not live around the corner from my high school. Next to the Hilton. Across the street from the classic car place. Patronizing the many bars and restaurants in the area ( late high school)

I will not move to Hawaii, and shack up with that chick who worked in the bank (2003, whilst I was in Hawaii)

I will not own my own pub. It would have been in Hawaii. I will not let my friend do the music. My brother will not work for me. ( 2002)

I will not win the lottery  ( every other week)

I will not have a successful movie career. Then marry Christina Ricci and become part of a Hollywood power couple ( 1999 onwards)

I will not be a T-Rex  (1980)

I will not move to Chile. Marry Paola. Have twins, live in a big house with horses and dogs. Have Auntie Robyn come to visit often (2003)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school