Dancing after dark

It was getting dark. She was alone. The night was going to be warm. She caught her reflection in the the wing mirror of a car. She smiled. She looked good today. She felt good. That was a rare thing, but tonight, she was beautiful, and strong. She would be home soon. A shame to waste, such a beautiful night. She could be dancing, but she had her studies.

She would treat herself, to some Ben and Jerry’s after an hour’s work. She deserved it . She was going to finish that essay tonight

``You are so beautiful’

She turned around. Her heart was fast. It was a man. He was standing slightly to close to her

``Forgive me. You are radiant. I did not mean, to startle you. I saw you, walking past. I just wanted to tell, you. You’re beautiful. I wanted you to hear, how you have made my heart glad. You are a star lighting up the darkness for me’’

She looked at him. He was tall a strong man. His hands were large. His eyes, were? Well what colour where they?

He took her hand. He could feel, how strong he was, but it was measured with grace. Like a surgeon. No there was an art in him. A dancer or a pianist. He kissed her, hand.

She tingled. She blushed demurely

``Dance with me ‘’

``Dance with me. ‘’

He took her by the hand. She felt safe, in those hands. He led her. She could hear music. It was strange yet familiar. She had heard it before. Perhaps, in fairy tales. Perhaps in nightmares. She had been warned about it. She did not care. Her hair had caught the twilight breeze. Her companion was intoxicating. She did not, care for anything just for his eyes. Those magnificent, but strange eyes and the music.

She could feel, him pulling her towards her. His breath was hot on her, but she shivered, she smiled.

Under a full moon. They kissed. His mighty hands through her ebony hair. Her gentle lips, caressed. Their tongues, would dance now. She was warm, so warm....

``Run away with me, and be my queen. Run away...’’

She smiled they kissed again and taking his hand....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school