If you have a moment

Please tell James Corden, he is a fine comic actor. This is a great. Mr Corden you did a good job in Fat Friends. You co wrote and performed well, in Gavin and Stacey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

Oh and my I say an excellent job, in the late episode of Doctor Who, the Lodger. I was thinking of writing a review of that here, but I will wait to the end of the series.

 

Did you get to meet Karen Gillian? She is lovely, and tall and Scottish, Like my friend Susanne.

karen-gillan-new-doctor-who-companion 

You are not however a comedian. That is a different skill. Some people can combine the two. Hugh Laurie, has combined the two well. To a lesser extent Steven Fry has. I would actually put Steven Fry below Hugh Laurie as a comic actor. Fry’s performance as Wilde, aside I don’t think I.Q and Peters Friend’s are classics.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110099/ IQ

( Gosh, Meg Ryan as a romantic lead)

Yes I know Mr Fry is in Bones. But than again, he is up against David Borenaz. Yes he played Angel, but that doesn’t give him a blank cheque. My mother gave birth to me, and I love her, doesn’t mean she knows the secrets of nuclear fusion.

A lot of Comedians are not comic actors. Billy Connolly isn’t one. Though he is a good actor. Neither is Frank Skinner. The late Bill Hicks, was not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

That was Bill Hicks.

Writing sketches and turning a character into something people like and care about, and we did care about Gavin and Stacey and Smithy, is a talent. See if you can do more of it… Rather than making cracks about,

Sir Patrick Stewart, or Rio Ferdinand. ( The Sublime to the ridicoulous) Doesn’t make you cool, it makes you an idiot. If your good, you don’t need to be cool. If you write a popular sitcom, before 30 and still need to be cool, than you have a problem

You were at your worst at when you are indulgent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPwoc39BmqE

Ugh.

We all are geniuses in our own minds. I am writing an Anti America, set in a world where the Irish won Kinsale. Instead of taking Scott’s advice and writing a novella about the Irish civil war,

Yet you know what, it doesn’t tie up hours of TV. It doesn’t make me feel big enough to shoot my mouth of to stage and screen legends.

Best

Malchera

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school