``Freedom!"

I had a moment today, so I took a brief look at the latest display at work. As I mentioned in my recent post

http://malchera.blogspot.com/2010/07/latin-lunch.html

I had to walk across to another office, and I went by a slightly different route. So I took a peak at the exhibits and art with great interest

I have been writing about an Alternate South America. As a project on and off, for a few years. I was skimming through a book on the material culture of the Spanish colonies today Its fair to say I have have a fascination about the continent

http://sleepingunderthecross.blogspot.com/

So, I took some snaps

dda

This is the name of the exhibition. It recounts the Latin American revolts and rebellions against Spanish rule. As well as politely passing over the British exhibition to the river Plate

fgg

This plate describes the rebellion against the Spanish in Peru. Alongside some books of the period.

43a

A map of South America, at around 1820.

Inspired by all these rebels and revolutionaries, I took a picture of myself. I do not have such a handsome moustache but, I was still determined to fight the power

2010-07-14 17.26.59

Libertad!

ffgg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school