Descent onto Italy

Its different. Germany is like visiting an alternate universe. Its strange but familiar. Italy feels sounds and looks different.

I did not manage to sleep, the night before. Nerves, being out of sorts, and upset, of having lost my phone charger.

So, I pushed off, through the rain, The flight was delayed twice. The Aitalia check in desks were not working, but besides that it was fine flight.

I managed to pass throu

Very beautiful, American student, across from me at Rome airport. Looked like Claire from lost. I hoped the young lady would avoid Perugia….

At Florence airport. After having to go through customs channel for an internal flight. The Italians, found it necessary to ask people where they travelling for business or pleasure

From than I took the bus, After missing the first bus, it had a bus in front of the stop. I travelled into Florence

Keep seeing girls on scooters, charming but strange

Arrived at the station in florence. Got on a train to Sienna. Despite the guide book, I did not have to change. I did have to dash for the train!

Than a taxi to my hotel.

A moment difficulty when the people at the front desk, suggested I left my passport with them, while I checked, in.

They carried my bag, to my room

Oh its a room with a view

 

 

Tried to nap, for a bit. Than I went for a walk.

Its a beautiful old town. Reminded me of Monpellier. The same maze of old streets. I kept getting lost.

THE WORST THING ABOUT ITALY IS EVERYONE SMOKES, AND IT SEEMS TO BE REALLY GOOD TOBACCO! REALLY GOOD STUFF.

I went to the main square. I had a beer, and a pizza. An American girl, will not be wearing white on her wedding day

I used one of those old fashioned, open air, WC’s

I came home, by 11. slept till 6pm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school