Brno and Kate

I was in Prague in 2004. It was a strange holiday. My brothers best friend took his own life, and we went to Prague for a change of scene. We travelled out on the day John Kerry conceded the election.

Prague, trip was not one I remember fondly. An ertasz Irish bar. The bitter cold. I messed up the exchange rate bought a red jacket and I could not do anything else.

There was on extra ordinary beautiful barmaid who chatted with us. She looked like Kirsten Dunst’s more radiant sister. she had been a nursing student in our hime town

Czech girls are very pretty. The country is blessed, as Iceland was/is

Today I went to Brno, to see my friend Kate. We have corresponded on ICQ, for a few years

So today, I went to see her. I am very pleased I did. It was the highlight of my trip. I have only known Kate via the internet. So, I had no idea, how charming she is in person. Not just with me, she was making the girls, in the tourist office. Our Kate wants to be lawyer. I wonder if this is her correct profession. As she is clearly at ease with people, confident enough  to meet weirdo’s she only knows from the internet. Perhaps she should be a Politician

I woke up at 6am. I was drunk last night. I spent the day hungover. I made it down to the hotel breakfast. So, today I at least had some structure in my day. Which I think had a good effect on me. I got out the door, with my eyes open. If not awake, and made my way into town, than changed to the U-Bahn. Than got on my train. Where I met a beggar who had no belt, and no boxers. I got on the right train. A French woman, kept on asking me, if it was the train to Breclev. It was.It still was when she asked again.

It was a smooth trip. The print out of my ticket, passed inspection. Though I was sitting backwards to the motion of the train. Which is weird

A stop at Breclev for 10 minutes. We arrived in Brno safely. Through wheatfield’s white and gold in the snow

we used to own Bohemia

Brno station, is a nice building, which seems to have been ruined by our friends the reds. Platform signage in Russian.

I was early, and waited for Kate.

We went up the hill, to Castle Spielberg. Past a pretty pub, one of my prettier guides favourites and the most expensive hotel, in Brno. Past a park which was landscaped by her friends room mate

http://www.spilberk.cz/?pg=zobraz&co=spilberk-castle

There were cannons, in the castle. I wondered if the castle had been

We came down from the Castle, via an unothodox way. Past posters in english. For me, this is confusing. There advertising space, which people can’t read Past the Ombudsman, the Hospital. The road works, the court yard. A nando’s chicken place or at least a Czech copy. we turned into the square.

More later…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school