Rise of the planet of the Apes



Planet of the Apes, is one of the first feature films, I remember watching. I watched it one Saturday with my dad. I was always fascinated with the idea. Did Human civilization survive elsewhere in the world? I had the poster on my wall, in college. Robyn, confused it with 2001.

But I digress.

Its a vehicle for James Franco. I guess, its pitched as a calmer quieter alternative to the summer blockbusters, and a low key way to restart a franchise
Think of this as a pilot for an Apes series. It is not bad. I would watch the series. I will probably buy the DVD, when it hits the supermarkets
It’s nice to see Frieda Pinto back in the big screen. She is pretty.
Well, if you liked the original planet of the apes film, you will enjoy this. This is an extended, homage. Down to some of the scenes, in the original being mirrored. Caesar taking Taylor’s part. Even though the main shock moment was spoiled, for me, I did feel some surprise, at one of the tributes. I won’t spoil it here.
There is some funny casting, John Lithgow, who played in harry and the Hendersons. Oh, and playing Ceaser is, Andy Sirkis, now playing a chimpanzee, after playing a silverback, in King Kong.
Well its pretty straightforward James Franco Character is a brilliant scientist, working on a cure for alzimers, his father a talented music teacher who has been struck down by the disease. James Franco , researches on Apes, to find a cure. Franco’s first experiment fails, when the ape he protected, happened to be pregnant. The Ape ran amok, to protect its baby. Franco, takes the infant, in under his care, to continue his research. As his father, condition declines, Franco experiments, on his father, to find a cure. The treatment, he gave Caesar works,
The power of apes, is demonstrated, well, the Camera rejoices, in seeing Caesar climb the redwoods, and his mother grabbing a handler and refusing to let go,
Lithgow, plays a man losing his battle with senility well. Its reliable casting
One query, would be the animal handlers, in the zoo. People would queue up for that job. To be fair, I think the writers acknowledged this, by making the evil handler, the owner of the primate centres, son. Still, this was cliché. I guess it was inevitable. I think, they could have made, it a more subtle prison, for Caesar.
One remembers that there is the vacant niche, in north America, for primates.
Its a simple moral tale. There are things, we are not supposed to interfere, with, when we do, the results are terrible. Quite enjoyable, none the less

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school