Best Irish pubs in the world


The Irish times, have run a feature on the best Irish pubs, in the world. They did actually ask me for some input

Here are my top picks

Desmonds New York City,

I did not want to go in. My brother knew better, we spent five St Patrick days here. Meeting people
listening to the wolftones, drinking brooklyn ale.. watching a documentary about sectarianism, in Glasgow. Some one offered to by my shirt. Meeting people from HS, in. The two hours after the parade are epic

desmonds tavern


The Corkonian, Colonge

I discovered Germany from here. I spent a great St patricks here. A good Irish pub, should be a base. A safe place to explore, and strike out from. The Corkonian was that. I remember mentioning the Irish civil war, in a fit of academic distraction and the German waitress stepping back.


The Corkonian


Jonos Ealing
Under it last manageress Bridget. This was my home from home. I could be found at the penultimate seat at the bar, if it was the quiz, take your pick, or listening to Free McGuinness. Here we were.
Its a family tradition to go to Jonos if relatives from home come to visit, or if there is an all Ireland


Facebook page for Jonos  Not updated

Fitzgeralds Charlotte NC,

Website for Fitzgeralds

 I watched the infamous Henry handball football match here. Again another aspect of an Irish pub, A place to catch up on things, A place to get up to speed, even if your in the Deep South. Popular with a younger crowd. So get there earlier if you want a quiet pint

For number five, I could mention Cassidys in Corpus Christi, Why because we met interesting people there. Though the beer, and the music I forget. An Irish pub, in Hawaii, well it said it was Irish, and I kept knocking the waitress over, and the Dusseldorf Altstadt.....









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school