Happy Birthday Buffy

Buffy the Vampire slayer the series. Not the motion picture starring Kirsty Swanson and Luke Perry, which is a firm favorite of my sister. She is firmly of the where were you in 1992 crowd.  BTVS the series is now 18 years old. That means in two years it will be twenty years since I left the University of North Carolina. There will be no reunion for me.
I must have watched some minutes of Buffy in Uni. I remember watching the extended promo while eating, in Chris room in Craige. I corrected Amy that Buffy was not Xena. Though as the program would have clashed with Voyager I think I watched that.
It was during my last year in Glasgow university I rented some Buffy videos from Blockbuster. I remember the blockbuster boxes, bright yellow. That was a lonely year. The internet was something you found only in libraries. Mobiles were still rare. I had a radio alarm clock to keep my company in my room.

Buffy was beautiful. Really all the girls were. Alysson hanigan in her teens, Charisma carptener in the full bloom of woman hood. Yes there is some Dawson casting in the series. I think it made sense, A 28 year old woman would intimidate a teen

I watched it on Sky one via my ITV digital set. Did anyone else have one of those. I think the company still owes me money. I followed the spin o. off Angel. I am still disappointed, that Glory did not face Angel, and his team too

I remembered the adverts outside St Pancras telling us that Buffy would die.

I would have watched ripper


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school