Stranger Things 3


Okay

Listen to me, there will be spoilers!
Listen to me, there will be spoilers





The weakest of the trilogy. Nothing as bad, as the road trip in episode 7 season 2,

Okay, having a Russian base in Hawkins is a step too far. It keeps telling me that I am watching a fantasy. The upside-down, the demigorgons do not have to make sense. Soviet spies do! I get what they were trying to do, a riff on red dawn, The rescue,  War Games somewhat and even I think Moscow on the Hudson. It is too much, we know they are not going to have a Spetnaz agent shoot one of the kids.

Billy, Billy was great in season 2, he was a clear physical threat to the gang. Yeah, we know the Demi Gorgon will not eat their souls. Billy might give someone real hiding. My compliments to Dacre Montgomery He gave his character real menace. Once Billy is possessed he becomes less scary.

I loved the Justin/ Canadian girlfriend from Utah storyline. Never Ending Story!!!!

I think two things, were more prominent  in an earlier draft

One- Billy had an affair with Mrs. Wheeler. Simply wrecks Mike's home life.

Two-Will Byers is gay. They danced about this and gave this storyline to Robin. I can understand the frustration of someone who is always going to be the third wheel. Oh and by the way well done to Noah Schnapp who is really working hard, often with very little.

Actually, we could have done, with a lot more episodes to work with. For example, we do not see the difference between Jonathan Byers and his employees Nancy, says they love him. His speech, to Nancy, about her getting another job easily is interesting. He is the son of a broken home.

The Max and Eleven scenes at the Mall, were sweet. I can just about remember the outfits. Interestingly the boys biked to the Mall, which would be difficult in a lot of the US. Also, there is a bus there.. from Hawkins

Eleven did too much. For example, killing the parasite in her leg. They should have left that to Jonathon. The attack on the cabin, where I was shouting stab the monster's tentacles until the kids reacted

Is Max, still living with Billy's violent father?

Hopper's story was parallel to Eleven in Series one. He is a father being tortured by his psychic daughter. He is unable to talk, express his feelings.

I did think it was good, that Eleven, saves Billy by sharing a memory rather then mental force

Well okay a solid 7, a pass, but you could have done better























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song for today ``There’s gotta be more…’’

Malchera in High school